Health Education Department
Our mission is to improve the health of those we serve through education, self-management skills and lifestyle changes.
Sutter Gould Medical Foundation takes pride in its longstanding commitment to the health and well-being of the residents of our community. For over 50 years, Sutter Gould has practiced a philosophy of care that emphasizes knowledge as the key to making informed healthcare decisions. Helping you to become well informed about your health is the goal of the Community Health Education Department and the Maino Community Health Library.
Health education classes, individual and telephone appointments are offered at Sutter Gould care centers by registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, respiratory therapists, registered nurses and other health professionals.
Classes and individual appointments are open to the community and available at no cost. A referral by a physician and preregistration is required.
Health Classes and Free Community Events:
The education department offers classes in several health topics to patients and free community events.
We offer time to schedule individual appointments to help you learn more about your health. Appointments are available with a registered dietitian/certified diabetes educator for:
- Hearing or visually impaired
- Non-English speaking person
- Nutrition topics not covered in mini-group meeting or class
To register for an individual appointment, call 209-550-4747 or email us by clicking here.
For Community Providers Referring Patients
- Obtain Sutter Gould Medical Appointment Request Forms by contacting Sutter Health’s Community Health Education Department.
- Complete form with reason for visit and diagnosis. Example: For nutrition consult, specify if overweight, under weight, eating disor der, etc.
- Include recent office notes and labs related to the referral diagnosis.
- Fax complete form and labs to 209-548-7861.
Health Education Department Locations
- Modesto Health Education and Conference Center
1700 McHenry Avenue, Suite 60B, Modesto, CA
- Turlock Care Center
3100 W. Christoffersen Parkway, 1st Floor, Turlock, CA
- Stockton Medical Plaza I
2505 W. Hammer Lane, Stockton, CA
- Lodi Kettleman Lane Care Center
1355 S. Fairmont Avenue, Lodi, CA
- Tracy Care Center
445 West Eaton Avenue, Tracy, CA
Contact Us: For more information regarding our health education classes, call 209-550-4747 or
email the Health Education Department.
Location: 1700 McHenry Avenue, Suite 60B
Modesto, CA 95350 (In McHenry Village)