Clinical Research Department
Part of the mission of Sutter Gould Medical Foundation is to enhance the quality of life and advance medicine through medical research. Our Clinical Research team, in conjunction with Gould physicians, conducts a variety of medical research studies to help us achieve that goal.
Since 1978, our physicians, staff and patients have participated in studies including hypertension, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, cancer, congestive heart failure and many others.
Many studies conducted at Sutter Gould are initiated by pharmaceutical companies researching new medications. All Sutter Gould research studies are controlled under the Food and Drug Administration and Department of Health and Human Services regulations. These agencies monitor the studies for safety, ethics, and scientific standards.
Clinical research provides physicians and researchers with the opportunity to discover and learn more about diseases – generating new knowledge for the medical community. This research helps the medical field provide patients with improved care and new options for care.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Gout with Cardiovascular Comorbidity
- Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Myocardial Infarction
- Non-Myeloid Malignancies (observational)
Please Note: This list has been
updated as of October 2012
600 Coffee Road
209-521-6097 ext. 3282
The Benefits of
Patients who participate in Sutter Gould clinical research studies do so on an informed and voluntary basis. Everything involved in the study, including benefits, risks, and side effects is thoroughly explained to the patient.
- Access to promising new approaches often not available outside of a clinical trial setting
- Trial may offer more effective treatment than the standard approach
- Regular and careful medical attention with personalized monitoring of care
- Knowledge that your participation may help others in the future
You May Also Receive:
- Study-related medications at no charge
- Diagnostic procedures at no charge
- A stipend for transportation
View Our Policy:
PDF Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is free software that lets you view and print Adobe portable document format (PDF) files. Some documents on our site are only provided in PDF format and will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.